Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I feel like I haven't blogged in a minute!  I've been having so much fun though and have just been too busy to sit down and feel like blogging about it all.  So, here's your Reader's Digest version, and of course, some random thoughts!

- Sometimes I feel like Sharpie markers smell like Egg Nog to me.  No?  Maybe I just have the Holidays on the tip of my mind.

- Really feeling like it's Christmas this year and I love it!  I love Christmas and I've really just been so excited about it this year.  It could be because we had such a great Thanksgiving to kick it off.

- I already have a few new races already and travels booked for the New Year and I'm so excited!  It's off to Canada for the New Year, then a 10k up at Lake Mead in January.  Next I've got a little 5k for Make a Wish in Feb and up to Colorado to play in the snow with Robyn and her girlies.  And last but not least...a Half in Phoenix in March.  I think it's a pretty good start :)

- We had a super fun Book club last week with a really great discussion and I loved it!  There were a lot of differing views and opinions and it made the discussions a lot of fun.  Before we discussed the book, though, we were talking about love languages.  I was trying to figure out my love language and honestly, I have no idea!  Maybe I don't even have one!  haha!  Really though, if I can't figure it out...I really don't expect anyone else to figure it (or me) out either.

- I haven't even talked about how amazing my trip to LA with Janeen was a few weekends ago.  It was one of the best weekends I've had in a minute!  We were nice and lazy, we ate great food, walked on the beach a few times, got sketchy Asian massages, stayed in a lovely hotel in the perfect area, and of course...went to the best live show I've ever seen in my life.  AMAZING!!  We finally saw the Civil Wars and I seriously can't express how awesome it was.  It was just 2 people and a guitar and it was absolutely incredible!  We were sooooo sad when it was over.





- I decided to spoil myself and I'm redoing my room.  I bought a duvet cover from West Elm last year, felt guilty, and ended up taking it back.  So I've been thinking about it for a year and decided that I didn't just want it...I needed it!  I got it in a pretty gray print this time, and I'm pairing it with yellow and blue.  I'm even repainting my dresser yellow!  Don't worry...I'll post pics.

- I am absolutely in love with my nephews these days.  I seriously can't get enough of them and I love each of their unique and sweet little personalities.  They're all so different and I can't believe how much they're growing up and changing.  I got to spend the day with them yesterday while Matt helped Dad hang the lights on the house and it was so fun.  I just love them.

- We had so much fun for Thanksgiving this year!  I mean, we always have fun...obviously...but it was especially fun this year.  We had the big family dinner at our house, we shopped, I decorated Lois's house again, we stayed up late playing games and laughing, Michael and I did an art project, and Laci and I sewed.  We signed up to feed the homeless the Saturday following Thanksgiving, and when we got there there were too many volunteers, so they sent us away.  We figured we already had a babysitter for the boys, so we all went bowling.  It was a blast!!  Laci and I tied up that evening by an hour and half battle of Just Dance on the Kinect.  It was amazing and we picked up some pretty sweet new moves!



- My bf Joni is having a girl!  It's so exciting that my friends have all been having babies lately and building their little families!  Even though I only have nephews, I'm getting more and more baby girl pseudo neices and I absolutely love that!

- I got fired from my calling last weekend, but I got one that I love and that means so much to me.  I guess I just wasn't ready to be back in the Relief Society Presidency again, so they got rid of me and put me back in the role of Temple co-chair.  I absolutely love the temple and I'm so glad to be doing what I love again.

- I feel like there are a lot of big decisions to make lately, and even though it can be kind of nerve-wracking and hard, it's also very exciting!

- Many of you know I'm obsessed with nail polish and when I was in LA I got some new nail polishes that I'm absolutely in love with!  I found a matte top coat that is pretty much changing my world, and a really cool magnetic polish that is so fun to play with.

- My dad is the best example of service.  He's always stopping to help people, or give people a dollar or two, or buy a meal, or whatever it is they need.  Sometimes I wish I was a dude, so I could stop and help people and not be afraid of all the horror stories that you hear about happening.  I always feel so bad when I see people walking with grocery bags, because I had to do that a few times in college and it's awful!  I always want to give those people rides, but I never do because I'm a single gal and apparently it's not safe.

- On that note, I'm a pretty lucky gal, because my dad is a great example of a solid priesthood holder and a lot of things I'm looking for in a guy.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Sounds like things are going smoothly for ya! Yer such a darling girl...I can't wait to read more about your new adventures in 2012!

lynz said...

loved this blog and diddo to wishing you could help people but can't cuz we're girls and not as strong and intimidating as guys. also, did not know you were obsessed with nail polish and i'm sooooo in the same boat with ya there sister! sounds like i need this amazing top coat and yay for bowling and the temple and races and christmas!!!! it really is the most wonderful time of the year :)

LindsayB said...

so much just happened in that post i don't even know what to comment because all i can think about is a hangout in a few weeks!