Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sweatpants and Movies Saturdays...


This is what happens when Megan and I spend a Saturday night watching movies in our sweats! So, I've been discussing the Twilight books with my cousin, Emily, and I've assigned us to cast the movie. Seriously, I'm really not sure if people realize how incredibly nerdy I am. I usually do a pretty good job of hiding it, but I've reached an all new low. Megan was definitely making fun of me as I debated over my actors and characters. In my defense, Christy already posted her cast a long time ago, so she was the nerd first! Ok, so without further ado, here is how I have decided I would cast the movie and you may agree or disagree. I don't really care!

Evan Rachel Wood as Bella (Isabella Swan). She supposed to have brown hair, so envision it. She's also supposed to be pale, plain, but beautiful and I think she definitely fits the bill.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Edward Cullen. He's Bella's hot vampire boyfriend. Seriously, his only required feature is that he must be inhumanely hot. Call me crazy...

Dennis Quaid as Charlie Swan - Bella's father. He's a cop and an emotionally awkard father. Let's face it, he's always just really good at playing the fatherly type.

Robin Wright Penn as Renee Swan. She is Bella's mother who lives in Phoenix and is supposed to be kind of flaky and irresponsible, which Robin can play quite well from time to time.

Aaron Eckhart as Carlisle Cullen. He is the adopted father of Edward and the head of their vampire pack. He's supposed to be a relatively young, extremely good looking doctor.

Selma Blair as Esme Cullen. She is Carlisle's wife and is supposed to be warm-hearted and motherly, yet still young looking and beautiful. Did I mention that all of the Cullen's are vampires and are therefore unnaturally attractive? Note to self.

Daniel Cudmore as Emmet Cullen. You many recognize him from such films as "X-Men". He played Collosus, but here he is playing Edward's oldest "brother" who is a bear of a man and rather playful and charming.

Katie Lee Joel as Rosalie Cullen. She is Edward's "sister" who is actually Emmet's mate. It's a long story unless you've read the books. She is supposed to be the most strikingly beautiful and cold-hearted. There are waaay better pics of her on imdb.com, but I couldn't save them. Lame!

Gabriel Macht as Jasper Cullen. First of all, let me sigh over his dreaminess for a moment and thank Emily for the suggestion of his name, because I almost forgot about him. How could I when he's just so handsome?! Ok anyway, he's Edward's other "brother" and has ultra calming effects on other's emotions. He's very laid back and quiet.

Rachel Leigh Cook as Alice Cullen. Picture her hair in a pixie cut and she's perfect. She is Edward's other "sister" who is actually Jasper's mate. She's extremely playful and feminine and she can see the future. Despite their differences, or complete opposites, she and Bella are like best friends.

Graham Greene as Billy Black. You may recognize him from such films as "Dances With Wolves". He is also Charlie's best friend.

Tyler Posey as Jacob Black. Oh, Jakey. He is a year or so younger than Bella and is Billy Black's son. He has a massive crush on Bella and I won't ruin the books for those of you who haven't read on, but his role becomes massively important.

Ok, that being said, I'm going to stop watching "Singin' in the Rain" and go to bed. Please bask in my nerdiness and in a few months we'll forget all about this post and pretend it never happened!

19 comments:

Blissful & Domestic said...

So I have never read these books but have thought they looked good. What are they about and should I read them? I figured since you were a nerd Melissa you could help me :> ha ha. Seriously though are they good?

Joni said...

I love you. P.S. I have done this with the Stephanie Plum books. We must discuss later. :)

Mindi said...

You are so funny! I loved this!

Unknown said...

I love your Bella!! Genius!!! OOOO Who is stephanie Plum? Are they good? I have nothing to read. Anyway... I have to admit I am struggling with the Edward. I need him to be even hotter. Could you work on that? HAHA JK This is the best post ever!! Can't wait til May!!

Joni said...

Carrian, I don't know you personally, but you should definitely read the Stephanie Plum books... they are hilarious! They are by Janet Evanovich and the first one is called "One For The Money." Check it out! :)

The Brandleys said...

Great picks I think you got them down. But yes yes very nerdy. Don't worry we still love you.

Unknown said...

Sweet, I am totally checking out those books~ Ok and Melissa I was changing my background only to realize I don't remember all of the things to type and I deleted the instructions. Could you email them back to me?

melissa said...

Danielle, you reallly need to read them. They're sappy teenage girl love stories about an awkward girl and a vampire. you're hooked already, I can tell!

Unknown said...

i would just like to say that i prefer these characters way more then the actual people that have playing them in the movie..much more well like i pictured them

Anonymous said...

um... first, Rosalie has blond hair,
and second, none of them are that pale. or with those shadows under the eyes.

Anonymous said...

that's pretty interesting. i definitely agree on rachel leigh cook, but i just thought i should say (being a HUGEEEE ty posey fan and also loving jacob) ty posey is 1/2 mexican and 1/2 caucasian he has absolutely no american indian descent, I think everyone thinks he should play jacob black just because he's gorgeously beautiful and has dark curly hair. I personally hate bella and kristen stewart, and i dont think either of them desserve ty posey. but this was fun to read!

LilWorkin' Mom said...

I agree with Aaron Eckhart. God lord but he is beautiful!!!
Your Picks for Billy Black, Charlie
Swan, Renee, and Alice are awesome!
Why oh why didn't they listen to you for casting!!!

Ailora Blue said...

I was doing a search of pictures of Jasper Cullen for my blog and saw the pic of Gabriel with Jasper's name. I had to come check it out! I've always loved handsome Gabriel and I don't know if you've read Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books but they're vamp books too. Anyway, what I thought was ironic is that I did a cast list for the 'True Blood' show on HBO a long time ago and I wanted Gabriel to play Sam Merlott the bar owner in the Sookie series. That is all! Oh and one more thing; we could link to each other's blogs, if you want!
Mines www.hisambereyes.blogspot.com

BrokenHallelujah said...

WOW!!!! I wish you would have produced the movie!!! Your cast selection sends shivers down my back!! lol It would have been jaw-dropping with these people!!!

Kudos to you - Great picks!

~Whit

Sri Kenanga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sri Kenanga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sri Kenanga said...

i am a big fan(sort of) of aaron eckhart but he is 40 n peter facinelli 30 somtink. anyway, aaron eckhart dosent have vampire looks. try stephen dorf or jared leto or Ralph Fiennes or christian bale or (many more) someone that really really have VAMPIRE, MYHTICAL, MYSTERY, DARK FIGURE looks. But, in my opinion, i think peter facinelli is the bestest.

Anonymous said...

I loved and totally agree with you on all your casting picks. I wished you had cast the movie.
Although i think Jonathan Rhys Meyers suit the part....I would find someone more with dirty blonde hair. I guess Robert Pattinson is who i envisioned throughout the whole book, so he will always be the only Edward in my head. I was thinking of Hayden Christensen - but his voice is too whiney to be a seductive vampire.

Anonymous said...

i just finished the books- and this casting is sheer genius!