Saturday, February 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Ok, it was beautiful outside today and there was no rain, so I had to take pictures. This post is mostly for my mom and is going to be filled with lots and lots of pictures! She's been dying to know what my house and what not looks like here in Portland, so here you go. Joni has already basked in the real beauty (and chill) of being here in the flesh, but the rest of you will have to settle for digital. Anyway, here is a sneak preview of the house - not really the whole thing, just the important parts.

Our house

Again

View of our neighborhood from the front porch

We live in the Brooklyn Division in Southeast Portland, so there are a lot of really cool old houses.

The front entrance way - pretend that mess of junk isn't right there...it's DI stuff and what not. Not mine!

View of front room from front entrance. I love the floors in this house - original hardwood.

Kitchen. Why yes those are olive green cupboards, and I only wish you could see the matching stove! We don't usually keep light fixtures on the floor, but we just got the wall plastered.

To complete the first floor, we have the bathroom.

Stairwell with cool little reading nook, which you can also see Mt. Hood directly from on a clear day. Pretty neat!

My blessed room. Pay no mind to the "rustic" decor - air mattress, boxes and tuppeware bins for nightstands - it's so shabby-chic, n'est pas?!

This wall is all windows and I have an amazing view of the yard and ginormous tree. Apparently we have lilac, hydrangea, and rhododendron bushes, which I'm hoping will bloom before I move.

Welp, that's it. There are actually two other bedrooms and a dining room, plus the back porch and creepy creepy basement, but you get the gist. So, this is home sweet home for the next month and then I'm out so my roommate and her new hubby can live happily ever after!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Thanks for the post of your home! It is very quaint - I love it and the neighborhood looks nice (and safe). Love the decor of your room - you are quite creative! I am sure you will be glad to have your bed back and not feel like you are camping. You do have a great view of that tree and it will be pretty if you get some nice weather in the next few weeks. Thanks - Love ya Mom

Megan said...

Yay!! I am so excited that you posted pictures. Your house is soooo cute!! I love it. I don't know why I was picturing you living in something like a high rise apartment or something surrounded by all the hustle and bustle of downtown. Yeah, I'm dumb. I am excited to come up to Portland and see you soon, even if you wont be in that house anymore. Love ya and miss ya!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh I think it is super cool...are you back to vegas than in a month?

LindsayB said...

What a cute little house. i love the old fashioned. now i don't feel bad that you had to sleep on an air mattress when you came to my house. just got you warmed up!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THOSE HOUSES! I want to live there too.

Joni said...

I, too, am sad that you didn't get the olive green stove in your photo. That is by far my favorite part of your house. :)

You also should have done a close-up on all of those brilliant sentences we created on the refrigerator with the magnetic poetry. Oh well.

Good pics though! Just nothing is as cute as the real thing.

Unknown said...

How pretty! I love it there...my dad lives there too (I'm sure I've told you before)...and I am tagging you...check out my blog for directions!