I'm a total slacker and haven't gone walking with Audrey at all this week. We just cannot get used to the fact that it's dark outside now, which also stinks because I haven't taken my cute neighborhood pictures yet. Tomorrow morning...I promise!! There are some really beautiful trees that must be captured! Also, I am enjoying my job so much right now. I seriously love it, and it has crossed my mind a time or two that I think I could stay in Portland now and be happy. It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but my Manager asked me the other day if I've ever been interested in management - yes, I have! Also, I realized that I needed to change my attitude about being here for a short time and making friends. So, I've been getting more involved in the ward and am making more friends and it's been a lot of fun. It all comes down to attitude and I definitely needed a change in mine. Soooo....tomorrow there will be fun pictures of Spring. I plomise!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
What to Do, What to Do?
I'm a total slacker and haven't gone walking with Audrey at all this week. We just cannot get used to the fact that it's dark outside now, which also stinks because I haven't taken my cute neighborhood pictures yet. Tomorrow morning...I promise!! There are some really beautiful trees that must be captured! Also, I am enjoying my job so much right now. I seriously love it, and it has crossed my mind a time or two that I think I could stay in Portland now and be happy. It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but my Manager asked me the other day if I've ever been interested in management - yes, I have! Also, I realized that I needed to change my attitude about being here for a short time and making friends. So, I've been getting more involved in the ward and am making more friends and it's been a lot of fun. It all comes down to attitude and I definitely needed a change in mine. Soooo....tomorrow there will be fun pictures of Spring. I plomise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been thinking... I think one hard thing for you would be that you have always had amazing friends and you have always done amazing things together. THIS IS NOT NORMAL! Especially in the NW I think. People are a little more closed for lack of better words. I would just tkae this as an opportunity to thank your wonderful friends.
Melis, I think one of your greatest talents is your ability to make friends. You really are so good at it because you are naturally friendly and open with people, where as some of us are more closed-off and appear "unapproachable" (not sure who this could be). Anyway, I am happy to hear that you are happy, and I am excited for our "appointment" tomorrow. Talk to you then!
i like the hair pic, you look good. mine is slowly growing too!
you are so good at making friends. me, not so much. susie fully remembers us not letting her play barbies with us. she still asks me why. probably cause i was a jerk. i'm pretty sure i have blocked out out what a mean girl i was as a child, but i still like to my friends to myself (in a good way now) and not venture out too much.
so the thing about not wanting to make friends since you are only here for a short time. Man Jason and I are them same and we have been here for over a year it is just knowing we are going back to Vegas makes me put little effort into making friends here. You are amazing for putting in the effort. thank goodness for the church and helping it be easy to make friends.
MELISSA - MY FRIEND JANECE HAS MADE A TILE WITH THIS SAYING THAT SHE GAVE TO HER FRIENDS - GOES LIKE THIS:
I WENT LOOKING FOR FRIENDS
AND THEY WERE HARD TO FIND-
I STARTED BEING A FRIEND
AND THEY WERE EVERYWHERE.
GREAT WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE BAITWWW! LOVE YA - WENDY
Post a Comment