Thursday, April 9, 2009


So, clearly I've been stalking everyone's blogs and I love the "airing" of all the laundry all of my mom friends are doing! I really, really want to participate, but I'm not a mom. Clearly I'm not perfect, so I guess I can air my single gal laundry. I was thinking about it and have any of you read "Can You Keep a Secret?" It's an absolutely hysterical book about a girl who spills all of her secrets to a complete stranger on a plane and ends up running into him later. Sooo funny!!

So, I was thinking that I can do a cross between the two things. Yay!! I'm so creative!

Ok, so here we go...

I have never, ever, ever been one of those girls who has ever planned out her wedding day. BUT I have to say that in the last year that I've been doing weddings I've started to think about it a little bit. Just a little though. Here's one thing I do know - I'm not having one! Take that! I really, really don't like them and I'd rather just get married, have flowers and pictures, and a family dinner. So there. Don't worry though - it doesn't mean I don't still LOVE doing other people's weddings. I do. :)

As some of you may know, I'm the RS pres in my singles ward. I really do enjoy my calling, and I love the girls in my ward so much. Seriously, they're amazing! BUT sometimes I just don't want to do it! How long have I been doing it? About 8 months. Yeah. Pathetic, I know.

I only wash my hair once a week. Sound gross? It's not! Curly hair is more dry and you're not supposed to strip your hair of it's natural oils anyway. Not gross. I still shower and rinse my hair every day, I just don't shampoo it.

I hate painting my toenails. I'd rather pay someone to do it.
I am a closet nerd. I love spreadsheets and books.
I watch people in the mall and try to figure out what's plastic and what's real.
I love snowboarding and longboarding, but it still scares the crap out of me to go really fast.
I always wonder when I'll actually get married. Not that I'm in any rush, but I sometimes wish I at least had a time frame or something so that I could plan accordingly. I guess that's where that whole faith thing comes in! Oh, and the thing where I don't have to plan everything.
I always wonder what people really think when they meet me.
I'm talking to a guy and I get temporary anxiety moments where I think he's bored with me, or annoyed and I wonder what he's really thinking and not saying. Then I remember...he's a guy...and he's at work. Guys are pretty simple creatures. They mean what they say and they usually say what they mean. Plus, he should probably focus just a little bit at work. Why are girls so irrational at times?? I totally confess to being an irrational girl at moments, even though my life's ambition is to be the "cool" girl who doesn't freak out and scare guys off. Unfortunately that's the one way pass to friend zone! Turns out men and women are wired differently for a reason. Who knew?? So, I'm being a girl these days and I'm kind of liking it. Whew!

Ok, well that's enough from me then. Enjoy my laundry/confessions/whatever. :) That does feel good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so funny!

Lizi said...

I love your posts! I'll help you with your laundry anytime ;) When I was single I always wondered if I'd met my husband yet...it's funny to think back to when it was such a mystery to me...now it makes so much sense. But it sounds like you understand guys already...they really are so simple! And I think I'm going to stop bathing...thanks for the tip :) but seriously I didn't know that about curly hair! Miss ya

Unknown said...

Who is airing laundry? I wanna read... hahahaha.

Mindi said...

Yer so cute! I know that Breann doesn't wash hers daily either... hair stylists...ha!