Thursday, April 1, 2010

Don't tell Anyone!

It's true. I'm an undercover hopeless romantic. Not the roses and fancy dinners and princesses in castles kind of romantic, just a girl who loves a good love story. I have to admit that as much as I sometimes like to play like a boy, at the end of the day I am a girl. I looooove love stories and I just finished that Pioneer Woman blog story that I mentioned in my previous post. It was so cute and I love love love that it is a true story (and it's being made into a movie). After I finished the story, and finished giggling and sighing all at the same time, I had a few thoughts.

-Does everyone who's found their "one" feel like they have a love story?
-Is it more like a personal fairy tale?
-Could everyone essentially write a story like this where they tell their tale of when they found their love?

Because when I think about it, I think about how fun the beginning of a relationship is. How you get so excited to see each other, how you can't get enough of each other, how you get the butterflies and the emotions that you try so hard not to give in to, but you just can't help it! How you love everything about their face, or the way you fit into their "nook," or the fact that you spend hours together doing nothing, but you're totally satisfied. And how can you possibly make those feelings last for 50 years??

There were choice phrases from the story that I looove and I was just hoping that it's true that we all get our own personal fairy tale. I don't want the knights in shining armor and white horses kind of thing. Bleh. But I'd take a good "hiney tingle" or something like this: "...daily, he poured pitchers and pitchers of affection and love into all the divots and dings and craters that California and James had created. Filled them up with a rich, thick syrup…with a sweet, soothing salve. A month in the arms of Marlboro Man and every void in my gut was filled, and then some." That's how all you married people feel, right? Right??

4 comments:

Joni said...

RIGHT! Even though D. and I are all boring and married now, I still feel like the story of our relationship is magical, so you can call it a "fairy tale" if you like. Other people might find the story lame or typical, but I still think it's a miracle when two people fall in love, especially two that are already such great friends. And you know I'm not a sappy person!

Unknown said...

I love P Dubs. She rocks my world.
Even though I am not married, that is so how I feel about CJ. He feels safe and makes me better everyday. I love that Ree was able to put that feeling so eloquently.

LindsayB said...

dang, i have no story, i really don't. it helps that pioneer woman can really tell a story good. but i still love my man just the same story or not.

Unknown said...

Yup, I do feel that way, on most day ;)Seriously, it can be hard sometimes, but even just laying in bed talking at night feels wonderful.