- May marks the 3 year anniversary of the passing of my college roomie Heather, and my Grandma Heggie. I miss them both a ton.

- Wyatt (Renee's dog) died on April 15th, which was also Gibson's birthday.
- I can't believe I've had my business for 2 years now. I did my first wedding in May, and in the past 2 years have done 24 weddings and 2 showers. So fun!! I'm working on getting a better website, and I really need a logo for Sassy Stems so that I can make a web button too.
- This little Monkey turned 1!
And yes, as you can see, that is a natural faux hawk that he sports.

- We went dirt biking with fam at the end of April and my dad broke ankle. He wasn't supposed to be riding in the first place bc he had just torn his rotator cuff again, but he wanted to take his bike out real quick, found a little cliff he didn't know was there, and ended up with a couple fractures.


Jonas wanted to put on all the gear to ride his bike and it was HILARIOUS watching that helmet bob around on him. I named him Bobble Head Joe

Dad's ankle at probably the worst stage of the bruising. Ouch!
-I finally got my time off approved to go up to Canada for the 1st of July celebrations and I'm sooo excited! We have a big Brandley family reunion planned, of course the big parade, rodeo, riding horses at my uncles, and spending a day in Waterton will be planned as well. I can't wait!
- I have finally figured out something that's working for me to run to lately. Are you ready? Debussey. Who knew?! I find it so relaxing, and it doesn't stress me out about thinking how far I've gone or my breathing or my steps. It actually keeps me in a rhythm and lets my mind wind down and just think. Ahhhhh!
- Here's a sneak peak at my latest project (besides the 2 weddings that I have coming up in June). I'm so excited to get started and I don't want to hear anyone tell me I'm crazy because I don't have the time. I'll make time (while I'm making something else too)!! hehe

- I have a super busy and fun June ahead of me with a ward campout, my birthday, 2 weddings, going to Canada, and my friend Carrian possibly having her baby. I'm so excited!!
- I'm venturing to Colorado for the Memorial Day weekend because it's Daniel's birthday and I want to see Robyn and Aaron's new place. I've never been past the Denver airport, so I'm excited to get up there and meet the rest of his family, breathe some fresh air, and maybe get lost in the woods a little bit.
- My friend, Megan Paris, and I went to St George a couple weekends ago to see my friend, David, compete in a triathlon. I actually made it to the whole thing this time, instead of like 15 mins after he finished when he did his first one last year. Oops. He's forgiven me now.

Dramatic photo finish of the end, and yes, the bottom picture is AFTER the race. He doesn't even look tired does he?? I mean, why would he be after swimming 1.5 miles, cycling 33k, and running 10k. Who gets tired after all that? Wuss's.
And as a finale to this uber long post - Melissa uncut (recent random thoughts):
- God doesn't give you anything that you can't handle, BUT you have to be doing your part in order to receive that strength. Sometimes I forget that. Little Things are Important!!
- denial - it's a beautiful thing
- the older I get, the more I swear my unmarried guy friends are all gay
- the longer I'm in Las Vegas the more comfortable I get here and the more it feels like home. I have friends I've grown up with and have known for 15 years - longer than in Canada. Sometimes I feel like it may be time to let go of my "roots"
- Jonas thinks my paintings are "beautiful"
- I sure am listening to Air Supply whilst blogging!
- I have a million projects I want to do and a million books to read and a million beach trips to take this summer!
- I like trashy tv shows - there, I said it. And Summer is chalked full of them!
- I really want a macbook after I pay off my last credit card this month
- It totally wigs me out that girls I've grown up with or gone to college with have grown children...8, 6, 5 yrs old... AND that they have multiple children on top of that. My mom had 4 by her 28th birthday and that is just bananas to me! Jeepers mr!
- I was super anti blues/greens in nail color, but admittedly have 2 on my wish list lately...
- Am I the only one who thinks Tina Fey is hilarious?? Oh how I love you, 30 Rock!
- "flat shoes are for quitters"
- If you want something done, ask a busy person. Ohhhh...so that's why I keep doing more and more stuff.
- when Disney songs come on my Pandora Glee station I pretend it's embarrassing, but really, I'm excited and singing along...until someone comes up to my desk.
- Sometimes I think my life would make a really entertaining book
- Is burping really grosser than it's northern alternative?
- A first I was somewhat judgemental of this whole marathon, half marathon, triathlon obsession that has kind of caught trend lately, but now I'm like "Way to go America! Get off your butts!"
- Why do we let fear hold us back from so many things? What do we really have to lose?
- This new windshield repair paperwork at work is going to be the death of me.
- Why are there some people who insist on telling you their every move and all their business? Do they expect a pat on the back? A reward?? Symphathy? What is it? What if we really did overreact every time they announced something? Threw a party? haha!!
- My mom and I make a wicked good sewing design team. We should start a business together.
- I admit that I'm a little high maintenance. I wear high heels, I like to look nice, I get pedicures, and I like nice things. BUT I can still get dirty with the boys and I definitely don't spend hours in the bathroom primping.
11 comments:
I love the Olive Oil story, and I love 30 rock, too! So funny!
You dad's ankle looks so gnarly. Goo!!!!
Haha! Love the "dated oil"! Haha! That's hilarious!
Wow if that was not the longest post ever... I can't wait to see what you're whipping up with that fabric... Also I was thinking I might need you to paint me a couple pictures, don't worry they'd be little but I need something for my kitchen! We'll chat later! Lave fun in colorado!
I mean have fun... but you should probably bathe too!
I was laughing so hard at the oil story and you are totally right, who keeps that in the cupboard??? Love tina fey and your friends are probably totally gay. Also you should come to the 10 year reunion, there are a few of us not bringing husbands so we can just chat, I don't remember the last time I saw you and you can have roots in 2 places. Your not betraying Raymond if you love Vegas, there's my 2 bits for ya
i'm glad the first meal you cooked for daniel was a holy one... as relief society president it's actually what is expected of you... everything you do needs to be more holy :)
umm, what's the burp's northern alternative? I'm a little confused. The only northern alternative to the burp I know of only happens when you're upside down...
HOOORAY!! That bedding is for me!! I'm all excited again!!!!!! I can't wait to see you too! WOOP WOOP! Oh and yes, your life would make pretty much an awesome book. You should write one. I'm being serious. I about peed my pants about the oil, then got up and insisted Cade come listen to the story. We love you.
ok, how did i never see this post!? tiny fey is so so the best. 30 rock is my rock of hilariousness. (that red line of spelling error did not show up when i typed that word, is hilariousness a word? that's awesome) i don't even know what else to comment on in all that 2 bits at the end, i love it all and i'm more excited than ever to see you! and ouchie ouch to your dad.
Your dad's foot looks terrible there. I'm glad to hear that this was the worst of it!
Post a Comment