Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Thought the Rockies Would be a lot Rockier Than This...

I went to Colorado for the long weekend to hang out with Daniel and his family. It was absolutely beautiful there, we did a TON of stuff, and I didn't even take my camera out once! What is the matter with me?? I was having too much fun to stop and take pictures, I guess.

It was Daniel's birthday the Friday I flew in, so we went out to dinner and went bowling with some friends of his and I kicked butt! Was I supposed to let him win on his 30th birthday? Oops.
Saturday we watched his 4 year old Nephew play soccer in the morning and it was sooo entertaining. They were all so cute chasing that little ball around, and his nephew is an animal! After that we went for a little nature walk along a river, walked to Daniel's grandparents' house and visited with them for a bit, then went out to Heritage Square. I told him I wanted a "normal" picture of the 2 of us for my birthday, so he interpreted that as an Old Fashioned serious picture. So we dressed up and took one and it was fun. I'll take what I can get right? And doesn't he make a handsome cowboy?? We also rode the Alpine Slides while we were up there and they were so cool! I wish I would have gone on the fast side instead of wussing out and going on the "beginner" side. Oh well...next time. Then we had dinner with his parents and their friends, and THEN we went and watched the UFC fights at his buddy's house. Whew! Full day.
Sunday we lazed around and then went to church, went to his hockey buddy's dad's birthday party, ate dinner with his parents, then went out to Loveland to visit my best friend from high school, Robyn, and her husband. We had a blast hanging out with them! Robyn's little girl is the same age as Gibson and she was cracking us up. Such a little ham. They just moved into a beautiful new home and it was so great to see her. Monday we got buried in the sandbox by Daniel's nephew and niece, went furniture shopping for an ottoman for Daniel's bachelor pad in his parents' basement, and then bbq'd with the family. We rode ATV's and had tons of fun!

Seriously, it was sooo nice to get away from the city for a weekend and breathe a little. Daniel's family was great and they're so similar to my family, so I totally felt at home. It was just a really great weekend! Hopefully next time I go up, I'll bust out the camera a little more so you can actually see the pics and not have to listen to me ramble so much!

4 comments:

Mindi said...

Wow, that is quite the weekend! This one sounds like a keeper!!! ;)

LindsayB said...

yewouch! hotties in the old fashioned picture. what a great time with a great guy, hahaha, cheesy i know, but seriously...

i just commented on your last post cause i never saw it. and forgot to say that you and jacklyn should team up with your thoughts about the older gay guy thing, she is all about that. whenever someone questionable over 30 gets married she's all, well we'll see...

LindsayB said...

oh and top notch on the title. you always work them in so good.

Unknown said...

I didn't know!!! HOoray for Colorado!