Thursday, June 17, 2010

Honey, I'm Home!

So, I kind of have two boyfriends. They both know about each other and they’re both ok with each other. One is my friend Megan, and the other is of course Daniel. I have been spending a lot of time with my Megan boyfriend since my Daniel boyfriend moved away. They each fulfill different needs, and though I’m missing my Daniel boyfriend, I am fully appreciating my Megan boyfriend! She's a good friend and is continuing to teach me more stuff. Now it's just actual skills that she's teaching me, instead of just life lessons. Woo hoo!!

Lately I feel like I’m nesting without having anything to nest for. What the what?? Maybe I’m having sympathy symptoms for all of my cute pregnant friends right now. I’ve caught the domestic bug and I don’t know how or why or when, but I caught it! I’m all about projects, and sewing, and cooking, and painting, and learning all sorts of new things. I’m still working on that sewing project that I bought fabric for a couple of posts ago, which I shall reveal shortly. I’m making great progress on it this week! And I’ve volunteered for more sewing projects…because I have so much free time, right?! I plan on sanding and painting a frame I got from my friend Pam in Portland, and I’ve totally been cooking! Ok…so I’ve only cooked a few times, but that still counts! I made that “holy” tortellini a few weeks ago, and despite the little slip up it was still good. Daniel’s mom taught me how to make his favorite chicken rolls when I was up visiting in Colorado, Joni sent me her spaghetti carbonara recipe and I made it a couple Sundays ago. It was a hit! It makes great leftovers too. This past Sunday Megan taught me how to make bbq meatballs and they were sooooo good! Even Jonas liked them. I dare say I’m getting some recipes and skills to stick under my belt over here!

I still have a painting to finish from my last class, and more that I want to do. I'm making a fake flower arrangement for my friend's house, and I’m also dying to help someone decorate their house or a room or something! Please!!

Oh yeah...and I have 2 weddings coming up in the next 2 weekends. Creative bliss!

4 comments:

Laci Brandley said...

come decorate mine and mark's house!!! YAY

LindsayB said...

i swept the floor today.

Unknown said...

come decorate our house!!! U will have to do it cheap though :)

Sean and Kyla said...

awesome, you are quite the busy and talented woman!