Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oh They Say When You're Married in June, You're a Bride all Your Life...


Please tell me you caught the "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" reference in the title? Oh how I love that movie. Perhaps I'll get to watch it next week whilst I'm at Grandma B's in Canada next week. Oh yes, that's right...I'M GOING TO CANADA in 2 more sleeps. Now that my busy June is over I can focus on a fun family road trip to see more family and old friends and eat delicious Canadian treats. Mmmm! I'm finally getting excited. It sure did sneak up on me!


So, to back track a little bit...I had a super fantastic birthday! I spent the day in my birthday suit hiding in a spa with my bestie, Joni. It was wonderful!! I had a lovely massage by a little old lady and then we did the steam room, jacuzzi, cold dip, rain shower, ate a yummy lunch, chatted, chatted, relaxed, and chatted. It was seriously so great. We didn't even take any pictures because we were too busy enjoying the relaxing day. When I got home I was plumb tuckered out, so I had a nap, played with my nephews for a bit, then headed to Megan's parents' house for the UFC fights. It was a pretty good fight night and ended up being a perfectly low key birthday.

Don't you love her dress?? So vintage-y!


Next was my friend, Sarah's wedding. She was an absolutely beautiful bride and was literally beaming! It was so awesome to see her get married because she converted right before I was put in as RSP. She was my secretary for a little while, a great friend, camping buddy, hamburger craving pal, and more. She let me be her temple escort when she went through a few months ago, and I've just gotten to see her grow in the gospel. She's been such a great example to me. It was amazing to see her be sealed to her husband and it was truly a beautiful day (despite my horribly painful, and newly infected toe....but that's another story). And to make the weekend even better, Daniel was here!! AND...he let me take a good picture with him. Yay!! Only problem is that I need to wait for my friend to get back from Europe so I can get the pic from her.


Then, this past weekend was my cousin Aaron's wedding. He and his fiance were so cute together and happy and their wedding turned out so nice! It was up in Cedar City and I got to do the flowers for them too. It was so much fun!

Oh...was I supposed to take pictures of the bride and groom? My bad...I was having a good hair day, so It HAD to be documented, right??

Ok, here's one! Good thing my mom takes pictures of the important people!


ps...the pics for the two weddings I did this month have been updated on Sassy Stems too...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont blame you... you really were having a good hair day!

Mindi said...

So...I was super excited to come to Canada too, but with this stupid boil water order, there are NO SLURPEES IN TOWN! I'm quite sad. Hope you get one by the time you get here!!

Megan said...

Dang you and your "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" reference. Now I have that song in my head and totally want to watch the movie!!!

Sean and Kyla said...

awesome stuff my friend.

Lizi Bates said...

You look great!! You are probably in Canada right this second and George is uber jealous!! I made him Nanaimo Bars for Canada day, but it's just not the same! I wish I still lived in Cedar, then I could have seen you, dang it. Have fun in Canada, eh??! Oh and I'm so glad you spoiled yourself for your bday, you deserve it!