
Well hey there friends! Guess who's home alone for a few days? Me!! I know it seems silly to be celebrating such a thing at 28, but it's a big deal for me right now. I've been living at home for the past almost 2 years, paying things off and keeping my madre company, and I really don't hate being home...but I've been itching to get a place of my own lately. So, hopefully these few days of living alone will tide me over until the end of the year when I really do move out by me onesie. So, what's a girl to do when she's alone for a few days, you ask? EVERYTHING!! Well, so far I've done laundry, made a deliciously healthy dinner, baked muffins, watched a movie, set up my new watch, did some yoga, and I plan on practicing a little guitar action before bed. No big deal, right?Welp, the past few weeks I've actually had stuff going on. Who knew?? So here are a few tidbits in no particular order.
- Ragnar (I know I already did this, but I got more pics, so I had to add them!):

Finishing my first leg

Finishing my last leg

Our whole van after we were all finished all 3 legs. Champs!
- We had a bunch of Canadian family in town recently, but this was the only night I took pics...of course. I also tried my cousin's husband's barefoot running shoes that night and they were very interesting. Kind of cool!
- I didn't get chosen in the lottery for the Nike Women's Half Marathon (wah wah...maybe next year), so I'm doing the Women's Run in Tempe, AZ in November instead. Anyone who wants to join, get on board!! My goal is to get down to 2 hrs flat in a Half by the end of the year. So we'll see how many it takes to get there with my new training schedule!
- I'm doing the Napa Valley Ragnar race in September with a different group of friends. It goes from San Francisco to Calistoga, so it's only 184 miles this time, but you get to run through Napa Valley. Gorgeous!
- I went snowboarding with Mitchel before Ragnar and it was a blast! I loooove Brighton! The snow was great and the weather got a little nippy and got windy, but I didn't care.
- Mitchel is teaching my how to play the guitar, so I'm learning The Civil Wars song "I've Got This Friend" that I posted a while ago. It's been really fun so far!
- I replaced Nano exactly with a wicked deal from Woot.com. Thanks to Mark for letting me know about it, bc it was a super sweet deal and now I am complete again!
- I WON my first giveaway contest! I've never won anything before, but I follow this food blog called Very Culinary that I am currently in love with and have made a few delectable dishes from. I entered to win her giveaway and I won and I was so excited!! And by excited, I mean absolutely giddy! Who wouldn't want a zester, magnetic measuring spoons and cups, and magnificent hand towels??
- My friend, Sarah, is taking me on as her first client and helping me out with a training schedule to become a faster runner, so I gave in and treated myself to the Garmin watch I've had my eye on. I can't wait to try it out in the morning! And yes, I know it's huge on my wimpy little wrist, but I have it on the last rung and everything! It fits quite comfortably.
- My friend, Megan P, got married last Tuesday and it was a beautiful and perfect day! I'm soooooo happy for her and Truman! They are the cutest couple and I heart them together. She is officially my last single girlfriend to join the ranks of the marrieds. Kinda weird to think of it that way!
- I went to Loveland, CO this past weekend to hang out with my BF from High School, Robyn. She has the sweetest little girl, and the best husband. They are seriously the cutest little family and I can't wait for them to have their second little girl in July. It was exactly the weekend I needed after such a busy month. We gardened and shopped and the weather was gorgeous all weekend! We went to old town Fort Collins and it was the neatest place. There were really cool old buildings and fun boutiques. It's all artsy and fun and I loved it! I'm such a slacker and didn't take out my camera, so I'll post pics when Robyn sends me hers.

- It's funny because every time I think of my friends and their husbands I'm always like, oh I want to be like them, no wait...them, no them. They all totally scored and have the best relationships. I am a lucky gal to have such awesome examples!
- After who knows how many years...13 maybe?? Michael finally got his nose fixed today. He had a septo and rhinoplasty, so he will now be able to breathe like a normal human being! Well...once the packing comes out and the swelling goes down, anyway. They had to take a graft from his rib to build his nose, so he essentially had 3 surgeries. He went in at 9:00 and they finished at 4:30. Crazy and intense, but he seems to be doing well. Super excited to see his transformation!
- I've been overcoming my fear of flour and baking lately. I made snickerdoodle muffins tonight and they definitely didn't turn out perfect, but I have to say they're not too bad for my first attempt!
- I played the dance game on XBox Kinect last night at Matt and Renee's and I'm pretty sure I rock at that game. I got 100% and unlocked something for them. I guess I'd better go back and help them out ;) It's soooo fun! And probably the only video game I've ever been remotely good at!
Ok, I think that pretty much does it for the latest scoop. Life is good and fun and exciting and I love it!
1 comment:
I dunno, those muffins look pretty yummy to me!
Couple ladies in my office are doing that run in November. Should be tons of fun!
Post a Comment