I have a lot of feelings about food. I loooooove food! I'm one of those people who would rather spend money on food than clothes. I love trying new things, and I also have my list of favorite places and things that I could eat a million times over (mexican food...mmm). Here's the thing though...I never know what I should eat. Am I the only one??
I just met with a personal trainer last week and got everything weighed and pinched and measured and she set some goals for me. I'm starting a new training schedule to increase my speed in running and I'm adding strength training to it as well. I love working out (or maybe I love how I feel after...), so I think I'm ok on that front. But...I NEVER know what I'm supposed to eat! How do you lose body fat and gain lean body muscle all at the same time?? I don't want to be one of those girls who's obsessed and I absolutely do not believe in dieting. I believe in making healthy choices and changing habits. I think I just struggle with knowing what the healthiest choices are, and what helps you lose body fat without losing the muscle I've worked so hard for. I think I'm supposed to eat a lot of protein and veggies, but what the heck do I do with fruit and carbs? Do I eat them, do I avoid them? Do I only eat them if they're whole wheat? Do I still need carbs to fuel my working out?? I know this should be easy, but please tell me you get as confused as I do sometimes!
I just read this article this morning and I couldn't agree more with what it says. I don't really believe in deprivation, because when you tell your body you "can't" have something, then you naturally crave it more. Hence, why I don't believe in crash dieting. I'm all about giving in and having one or two cookies, or a chocolate bar, or whatever it is. I'd just like to make sure I'm making healthier choices all around, so when those little cravings hit I don't have to have the little inner battle before I eat it. You know? Am I sounding like the girl obsessed, or just the girl confused? The whole basis for my "obsession" is that I want to be healthy and live a long, full life with the energy I need and without the health problems that I don't need. That's all I'm asking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i am ALWAYS looking at the nutritional information on things, and for me, it's just choosing the best option. i couldn't agree more on the crash dieting, and i totally believe that a little exercise with healthy choices is the best healthy lifestyle. for me, i'm going to have nachos cuz i love em, but i can choose baked chips which are way better for you. i also believe in having a cookie or two, so i do! i decide how many i get, and i carefully plan out when i will want them most. i do whole wheat and brown everything, but i like it, so that's easy for me. i go with frozen yogurt over ice cream, and i put a little less butter on my popcorn (at least 2 times/week) to make myself feel better about that obsession :) i know nothing about strength training and getting better times, but i do enjoy trying to eat as healthy as i can, and i love it! hopefully, some really smart food people will comment and give you a food plan, but i say you're on the right track! just being conscious of it is better than most people!
good luck chickee - you're amazing!
I've been studying up on this lately to see what is best to eat whilst training... I'm reading a book that is pretty straightforward and I am checking in with Hayley on stuff I learn to have her tweak it for me. The book also explains why diets are all over the place about whether carbs are good/evil or how many your body needs. Let's chat and I'll share what I've learned with you if you want!
Lynz - I remember Lindsay telling me once that you're really good about what you eat. Thanks for the good tips! Sometimes I feel like I'm doing ok, but then other times I feel like I'm all over the place. It's just hard to stay consistent. You're my inspiration! haha
Joni - yes please! That's the one thing I forgot to ask Hayley when I met with her the other day. Let's discuss this weekend at spa day. Thanks!!
Post a Comment