Wednesday, October 31, 2007

City of Champions!

I had so much fun in Edmonton! I'm not sure why they call it the City of Champions, but I'll just go with it. So, I hung out with Lindsay and Derek and the little ones all weekend and it was a blast! Lindsay is such a good little mommy, and I don't know how she does it on such little sleep! She's a trooper...or she's crazy! She and I had a little lunch date while the kids were napping and walked around down on White Ave. There are a bunch of cool little shops down there, and one particular little Christmas one was by far my favorite; very useful little trinkets there! haha Sorry, that one was kind of an inside joke. Anyway, that was a lot of fun!


This was seriously going to be the cutest picture on Lindsay's camera and then it died right when I took it! Sadness.

James is my new little boyfriend. ;)
Alli was trying soooo hard to push this rock over...to no avail!

We went to the Muttart Conservatory thing on Saturday and I loved it! It's a group of 4 different greenhouses that have flowers and plants for different climates. We did the desert one first, since Lindsay said it's the ugliest. Thanks for that. I live in the desert!! I couldn't agree more though. One of the rooms had this horrendous chirping in it and we found a little critter that's not supposed to be there. Dun dun dun. Alli and I hunted it until it came out of the bushes. She pretended not to be scared, but she was holding on to my hand pretty tight! So cute!


The little critter is the brown blob right behind the top of the stump. Sneaky little devil!

There was one room at the Muttart that had these really cool, big, puffy flowers. I loved them! I wanted to take one home, but nay, alas, I could not. After we left the Muttart I met up with my cousin Betsy and my other friend Lindsay and we went to dinner. It was soo yummy and so much fun! I got to see some of the Edmonton sites after dinner, and then on Sunday I had to come home and it was so sad! I have to admit that I sat by some interesting people, so at least my flights were entertaining! Anyway, so I had a great time in Canada and every time I go back I realize how much I miss it. I think most of it has to do with the slightly slower pace and the tasty Canadian treats! I'm a sucker for a juicy Canadian slurpee and a chocolate bar. Mmmmm!

5 comments:

Mindi said...

Very cute pictures! Looks like you had a blast!

LindsayB said...

Speaking of chocolate bars...I found a leftover crispy crunch...

I don't know why they call it City if Champions. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago...

And I'm no trooper, I'm CRAZY that's for sure. I'm soooo glad you came. It was so fun for us.

Blissful & Domestic said...

I love you! You are so stinkin cute!!

LindsayB said...

i just thought...i hope you have seen anchorman and know what i am talking about up there.

melissa said...

ha! yes of course I've seen anchorman, which makes that even funnier! you kill me Linds.