Sunday, March 28, 2010

All You Need is Love

Part of our Relief Society lesson today was on love and it kind of struck me. We were talking about how sometimes people think that saying 'I Love You' is a sign of weakness and that we don't say it often enough and actually mean it. In my family we always joke about how my grandpa told my grandma, "I told you I loved you once! If I change my mind, I'll let you know!" I grew up in a loving home and we often used the word "love". It's weird though, because I grew up with boys. I feel like the older we've gotten the less we tell each other, but the more important it actually is to say it since we're not all in the same place anymore. I've also always felt like this is one of those phrases you don't take lightly and just throw around like little high school girls on Clueless. I could go on and on about how there are different types of love and how we love people in different ways; i.e. friends, family, those we have stewardship over, etc. Love is an innate human quality. So, I am resolving to tell my family that I love them more often, and I'm going to strive to let my girls in Relief Society know how much I care for them too. I feel like we have to be humble to be able to do this, so we'll add that to my list of desired qualities!

"We are created in the image of our heavenly parents; we are God's spirit children. Therefore, we have a vast capacity for love - it is part of our spiritual heritage. What and how we love not only defines us as individuals; it also defines us as a church. Love is the defining characteristic of a disciple of Christ." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God,"Ensign, Nov 2009, 22

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Love you dearly! You are the best daughter a mom could ask for. Really do love you tons and tons! Love Mom

Unknown said...

It's so true. Cade and I try to make sure we say it at least once a day. Sounds dumb, but you need to remember to tell your loved ones how you feel. Love ya ;) (wink smiley-learned from you)