Sunday, March 7, 2010

Church = Disneyland??

I realize that I freely blog about random shenanigans all the time, but I rarely blog a little spiritual something. I just have to say that sometimes I feel like church is Disneyland. Is that crazy? Maybe a little. I'm just saying that sometimes I feel like it's the happiest place on earth. I love going to church every Sunday. It's the recharge that I need. No matter how hard my week has been, every time I'm at church I'm happy. I love my calling, even though I joke around sometimes that I don't. It keeps me sane and gives me an excuse to put others first. I love being around the women in our ward and being uplifted by them every week. I love hearing the hymns and admittedly get a little teary-eyed every time the women sing in Relief Society. It's just so beautiful! I love being surrounded by people who have the same goals and beliefs as I do. I love being able to seek refuge from judgement and find peace in an environment where you're part of another "family". So it doesn't have roller coasters or giant cartoon characters, but it's my happiest place on earth!

"Life often feels like a great pile of obligations, frustrations, and disappointments. But the Lord is there, always the same, His arms still outstretched. When we feel overwhelmed, we have to remember the peace He has spoken to us on previous occasions. His peace brings comfort and strength; the world cannot give that to us." -- Kathleen H. Hughes, "Remembering the Lord's Love, Ensign," Nov. 2006, 111-12

2 comments:

LindsayB said...

i thought you were going to say church was like a crazy place. guess that's what kids bring to the mix! hehe. but really good quote at the end, thanks.

Sean and Kyla said...

amen.