Monday, March 15, 2010

Spiritual Thought Sunday...

So, I have inspired myself by last week's post to do a little spiritual thought every week. We'll see how long I stick to it! I was going to say I'll be doing one every Sunday, but I'm already a day late. Shhhh! So anyway, yesterday's Relief Society lesson was really good and was on choices, so I dug up this little quote that I liked.

“It is clear that for us to have [God’s] gift [of eternal life] and to be given [the] trust [of our Heavenly Father], we must be transformed through making righteous choices where that is hard to do. We are prepared for so great a trust by passing through trying and testing experiences in mortality. That education can come only as we are subject to trials while serving God and others for Him.” - Henry B. Eyring, “Adversity,” Ensign, May 2009, 24

We were discussing yesterday that sometimes the right decision is the hardest thing to do, but by trusting in the Lord and having faith he will never lead us astray and we will always feel his love and be happy. We may not see immediate results from our right decisions, or get the immediate happiness, but it will come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So true. I love these and hope you do continue them!