Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Ok, I realize these pics and events are WAY out of date, but I figured that I've waited so long that I might as well make it into a Mother's Day post for my madre. She came out to visit me in Portland approx. 1 month ago to bring me home and we had a blast. It was really fun to show her around Portland a little bit and we took a day to explore Canon Beach and Astoria, which was amazing! The Oregon coast is absolutely beautiful! The weather was gorgeous and we saw some pretty amazing stuff. I even convinced her to drive over the 4 mile long bridge that crosses the Columbia where it meets the Pacific Ocean. It was tons of fun to spend some one on one time with her, and now that we're back in Las Vegas we're working together at the same office. It's been really good and I know she puts up with a lot of crap from me, but she's a good mom to do so.

Just in case you guys don't know my mom very well, I'll tell you a few things about her. She's tons of fun and has a great sense of humor. She's very selfless when it comes to her children and has always given us everything we needed before ever thinking of herself. She has a truly compassionate heart for others and worries a lot! Her family is the number one most important thing in her life, whether it's her sisters, dad, husband, children or grandchildren. Nothing ever comes before family. She is surprisingly strong physically, and has a very tender spirit and strong testimony. She has been a great example to my brothers and I growing up and I think she and my dad did a pretty good job raising us. :)

Being the only girl we have a special relationship because she's like a mom, a sister, and a best friend. I am very blessed to have her as my mom and I'm glad she let me pick her in Heaven, even if I have been responsible for every gray hair she's ever had!


Goonies, anyone?
Haystack Rock - Canon Beach

Flavel Mansion - Astoria

County Jail - Astoria

Yup - That's Data's house on the left and the Goonie's house on the right.

The school from Kindergarten Cop

Aaaaagghhh! Fire!
I should have been in the movie too, right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet! I wish that were all true. Thanks, I love you and am super glad that you are my daughter and friend! You are the best. Love you tons! Mom

Lizi said...

Your mom is too cute! She looks so young to have grown children...and you can tell her that ;) George and I are having a lot of internet time now that he's a gimp. He said he used to go surfing in Astoria all the time. Sorry we missed you yesterday :( Party at my reception? I'll call you with flower details this week. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

She is the best mom and sister - it looks like you had way too much fun without me !!. You guys rock!!
Wish we had what you have - love ya- TBAITWWW (Wendy)

Anonymous said...

I love your mom!!! your family is awesome. Happy mother's day! (you will be one too someday)

LindsayB said...

What? You just decided NOW that my kids are the cutest in the whole world? What took you so long? hehe.

I remember your mom. I remember even back then when we were little barbie playing maniacs that you had a super tight relationship with your mom. You didn't keep anything from her and I thought that was cool.

Alyse Andes said...

You and your mom are SO cute! I love you both, and miss you both so so much! Next time I am in town (if I can ever get down there, I have been trying for over 3 months) I'll have to come visit!

Heather said...

Your mom is the best.....I love her too!!! :)

Anonymous said...

PS...AND TO THINK WE WILL SOON BE
CELEBRATING THE FABLOUS FIFTY
WITH THIS NIFTY MOM ... WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN. NOW SHE CAN ANSWER THE PHONE FABLOUS FREDDIES NIFTY FIFTY
TAMMY SPEAKING !!! NOW THAT
IS A BLOG YOU HAVE GOT TO DO !!
TBAITWWW - WENDY