Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 2 - What Stresses you Out?

Stress? What's stress? I know no such things in my life. Psshhhhh. Yeah right. What doesn't stress me out would be a better question! I took a Stress Management class in college for my major and it was the best class ever! Do you think I've applied what I learned? Sometimes. Apparently in my other psych class that year - Motivation and Emotion - we evaluated our classmates and they all came to the conclusion that I'm "neurotic". Whatever. I'm soooooo not as high strung as I used to be. I've settled down a ton, especially when it comes to doing weddings, or planning parties, or projects, or whatever. I've discovered not to sweat the small stuff because it usually all works out anyway. A lady in an airport Burger King once told me that it's useless to worry about the things I can't change.

Ok, so what really stresses me out? Life. Too vague? Ok, the whole dating/marriage/future thing stresses me out. I'm so afraid of making the wrong decision. It's kind of a big deal, you guys! I'm so afraid I'm going to mess up and make the wrong decision about who to date/marry or what to do with my life - go back to school, change my job, move to a different city/country. Please tell me you all stressed about that too before you were blissfully wed and your life just unfolded merrily in front of you!? (clearly I'm being facetious)

1 comment:

brittanydaw said...

I so hear you, and guess what? Stress continues once you have made those important decisions, because more decisions come along!!! But, breathe. it'll be all right. I love that some random lady gave you advice... and you better take it!