Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 6 - A Song That Makes You Cry and Why?

There are actually a few songs that have made me cry over the years. Not much makes me cry anymore, because apparently I'm made of stone. BUT, I will give you a little list of the ones that have made me cry in the past and still sometimes do.

"My Immortal" by Evanescense (a break up song from my college boyfriend)

"A Moment like This" by Kelly Clarkson (my roommate Heather's and my song. I posted about it once before, but we would sing into wooden spoons and perform for our roommates whenever we heard this song. She passed away a few years ago and I miss her every time I hear it. Sometimes I cry, but I always laugh a little too because the memory of it is so funny/precious to me)

"Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne (when my cousin Tasha passed away in 2005 I would go to her gravesite every Thursday on my lunch hour because she was buried up the street from my work, and she passed away on a Thursday. I would listen to this song every single time I went to visit her and it would make me cry because I missed her. It still does.)

"For Good" by Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth from the Wicked soundtrack. (my best friend Joni and I went and saw this in London on the last day of our 2 week trip in Europe. It was the best trip of my life, and also one of the best nights! I actually used a few phrases from this song in my Maid of Honor speech at her wedding too. I know it sounds super nerdy and corny, but the words in this song are very applicable to our friendship.)

No comments: