Sunday, December 5, 2010

Your Favorite Part of Christmas

What?? What do you mean this isn't part of the 15 day Challenge/Countdown?? Ok, I admit...I must have misunderstood my mom and got the countdown wrong, so I'm actually one day short. Therefore, I made this post up. It's my blog, I can do what I want! haha

So, I've been having a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I don't know what it is, or if it's a combination of a lot of things going on and a lot on my mind, but I'm just not into it. I turned my Christmas music off the other day at work because it was annoying me and listened to Rogue Wave instead.

Yesterday I spent the morning decorating my friend, Lois's house. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed making her house all festive with her beautiful decorations. I was beginning to feel the Christmas spirit there, but I still just wasn't all in.

Today was the day that it usually does it for me. I look forward to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional every year and this year it did not fail to disappoint. President Uchtdorf said exactly what I needed to hear, the music was beautiful, and of course President Eyring and President Monson's talks were equally inspired.

I am feeling a lot better about where my perspective needs to lie and am going to make a goal to not worry so much about the gifts and such, and focus more on serving and the birth of our Savior. So I guess we can call this Day 13.5 because I'm setting another goal!

No comments: